A Little Controversial News, Entertainment, Fashion& Lifestyle

Obesere Insists He DID Not Rape Anyone March 7, 2014

Fuji musician Abass Akande popularly known as Obesere has denied the rape allegation on him insisting it he didn’t rape the 29 year old business woman Nike Olaiya.obesere-web

Below is his narration
“She visited me at home at night and it was too late for her to return to her place. I won’t lie about the fact that we had intimate encounter. But I did not rape her. And it was about four or five days after she visited me that she went to the police to allege that I raped her.

I went to the police station but when when I realized that the officers there were favoring her as a complainant, I requested them to transfer the case to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba. There, they asked her for evidence that she was raped. There was no injury on her. Her clothes were intact.

When she couldn’t produce evidence, the police advised her not to attempt to blackmail me. They advised her to gently approach me and ask for help if she wanted anything. When she first called me to say she was feeling sick, I called the woman who introduced her to me to take her to hospital. But Alhaja said nothing was wrong with her, that she was only trying to extort me. Alhaja said she planned to blackmail me into parting with between five and ten million naira.
I can tell you my enemies are behind the allegation. They are trying to bring me down. But they won’t succeed because I’m a child of God, a messenger of God. Once God remains behind me, nobody can bring me down.

I’m a responsible man, a reliable man. But I’m human and therefore fallible. But I’m not losing sleep about this allegation. I’m undeterred and I’m going about my business because I have no doubt that the truth will prevail.”


Fuji musician Abass Akande popularly known as Obesere was accused of raping a 29 year old business woman Nike Olaiya at his family house in Okota Isolo.
He was arrested last week Wednesday at the Isolo Police Division, where Olaiya reported the matter.

He was later released on administrative bail, only to be re-arrested on Monday, when medical examination conducted on Olaiya revealed she was actually raped.

Nike Olaiya, in a statement said she got to know Obesere through one of her friends, Mrs Bola Okoro.

“She told me that Obesere would assist me in my business. I deal in office equipment and when I contacted Obesere, he asked me to meet him in his family house at Okota. When I met him, I introduced my business to him and he promised to connect me to some of his friends in Dubai who would sell goods to me on credit. After the discussion, he started demanding for sex and I refused and when I wanted to leave, he insisted I should sleep over in his house because it was late and he claimed that it was dangerous to go out late in the night in his area.”

“I thought he was a responsible man and I decided to sleep over, but at the dead of the night, he came into the room where I slept and pounced on me. He raped me and afterwards inserted a ring he wore into my private part and I started bleeding. He hurriedly left me in the room saying he had an appointment to fulfil. I could not bear the trauma and the bleeding and I reported the matter to the police.”

The Divisional Police Officer, Isolo, Adamu Ibrahim, has since ordered the transfer of the matter to State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, for further investigation.

He used his ‘contacts’ in the police to have the case transferred to SCID, so as to avoid been dragged to court if it’s left at the Isolo Police Division.
Reports say he preferred the SCID to the Isolo Police division because the DPO at the Isolo Police division was not co-operating regarding striking out the case.

Nike Olaiya, has relocated to her home town, Sagamu in Ogun State, where she is currently receiving treatment for the rape incident. She claims she has been receiving death threats from Obesere and his cohorts.

in her interview with Vanguard, she said “I bled for more than two weeks after Alhaji Obesere raped me and inserted his ring into my private part. The incident occurred on February 12, 2013 and I have spent a lot of money treating myself.

“The DPO, Isolo Police division, took pity on me and refused to give in to Obesere’s pressure to strike out the case and God will bless him for that. But last week, I was informed that the case has been transferred to the SCID and my Investigating Police Office, IPO, at Isolo asked me to come to the station on Tuesday for the transfer.”


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s